The new Apple TV Remote Control has many detractors but there are some great features built in. However, these features can be difficult to discover, so here’s 10 tips for using the Apple TV Remote Control.
- To activate Siri press and hold the Siri button this will initiate the Siri voice control.
- Press and hold the Menu button to go directly to the Home screen from anywhere.
- Press the Menu button once when in an app to go back to the previous screen.
- Press and hold the TV (Home) button to go to the Sleep screen.
- Press the TV (Home) button once to go to the TV app from anywhere. (assuming the TV app is available in your region)
- Double press the TV (Home) button to see your recently used apps and to switch between them.
- When entering text, press the Play/Pause button to switch between upper and lowercase text.
- To quickly access the music app, press and hold the Play/Pause button when music is playing, this will take you directly to the Music app.
- To quickly restart the Apple TV in order to resolve problems, press and hold the Home and Menu button at the same time and this will restart your Apple TV.
- To check how much remaining charge your remote has, navigate through Settings > Remotes & Devices > Bluetooth. This will show a display of how much battery is left in your remote.
10 easy tips for using the Apple TV Remote.